Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In the Waiting

Are you good at waiting? It's hard for me to wait for the brownies to come out of the oven, or for my favorite TV show to come on, or for my friend to receive the package I just sent her. It can be hard for me to wait for more important things, too--things that I am hoping God will do. But I have found that waiting on big things that I'm praying for doesn't necessarily equate inactivity. It doesn't mean that I just do nothing.

No, in the waiting, I discover more of who God is. Like the peace He gives me when I'm tempted to doubt He won't provide. Or the joy He gives me when I remember all the good things I do have. When I remember Him, that I always have Him and He is always faithful and good, I can wait a little longer. I can focus on my relationship with Him and the good things He has called me to do. There's so much to do! So many people to reach and love. And I get to love the best Person of all and have confidence in His character, love, and power.

So, to repost something I wrote on Facebook one day, when I was thinking about being "in the waiting," this is what I've learned:

It can be hard to wait for good things. But it seems that while you wait, you learn stuff you wouldn't have otherwise. And God becomes closer, or you just realize how close He is. And fortunately, He often provides company for the journey. So were you waiting the whole time, or were you just getting closer to your destination? (July 2013)

What have you learned "in the waiting"? May God give you new strength to trust Him while you wait, and may He give you new adventures in the waiting and in the receiving.

"But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31, NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment