Friday, November 30, 2012

Good Might

I love T9. My cousin who is a junior in college taught me how to use it. It made life simpler, or at least, it made texting easier. I still have a flip phone that’s a few years old, and to text I have to use T9 or Alpha. Alpha requires that I push the same button until the right letter appears—a time consumer. T9 guesses the right word as I type.

Sometimes it guesses wrong. Like the time when I told a friend that I was “shaking” someone up, instead of “picking” them up. However, my favorite time that it suggests the wrong word is when I text “good night” to my friends. The first word it suggests for “night” is “might.” So if I didn’t change the word, I would be saying “Good might!” to them. Not a bad idea.
In Joshua 1:9, God charged Joshua to “be strong and of good courage” (NKJV). Joshua would need some “good might” as he led God’s people from the wilderness into the Promised Land. What do we need “good might” to do today? Whatever we’re facing or whatever job God has given us, we can depend on the One whose might never runs out. God promised Joshua that He would never leave him (Joshua 1:5), and He promises us the same thing (Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5). However large or small the task is ahead of us, God can enable us to do it with a strength that endures, a courage that prevails, a love that empowers, and a joy that sustains.

So tonight I want to leave you with a special message, and I pray that God enables you to walk courageously with Him and in His strength that never runs out:
Good Might!

“He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength” (Isaiah 40:29 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment