Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Ready for the "Midnight Cry"

I sang my way home last Saturday night. I love singing my former church’s version of “Midnight Cry.” Just as I was singing about Jesus stepping onto a cloud to call God’s children home, I looked to my left and saw the setting sun blazing between two mountainous clouds. The scene matched the song as perfectly as anything on earth could, and I just had to thank God.  

Imagine what it will look like when Jesus comes back to call us home. We’ll hear the trumpet, and see Him in His glory. We will “meet the Lord in the air,” and always be with Him (1 Thessalonians 4:17 NKJV). We’ll be home. I can’t wait. But then again, maybe I can.
While we are still here on earth, living and breathing, we have the chance to tell people about the Savior, to tell them about the God who loves them so much and gave His Son for them. We don’t know when Jesus will come back, but with the time we have left, let’s tell as many people as we can about our Lord. We are His ambassadors of light and love on the earth. Let’s share His truth and heart of love with others, so they have the chance to know Him, too. Let’s take with us as many people to heaven as we can, so that the skies are filled when it’s time to go home!

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thess 4:16-17 NKJV).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katy! Glad to find your blog!!!

    How are you doing?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Anna! I'm glad you found it! I'm doing well. I am trying to finish my Bible study now, one reason why I haven't written much on my blog this month. But it's exciting to be able to finish it! Hope you're doing well. Can't wait to read your blog! Loved meeting you. Take care, Katy

      Delete