Sunday, June 24, 2012

Joining Voices

I turned 30 today. I was eager to see what music my church would play on my birthday. Our worship leader picked one of my all-time favorite songs—Revelation Song, one that I feel beautifully describes God’s awesome power and glory, and praises Him for them. When I hear that song on the radio, on my computer, or at church, I want to sing it with all that I am.

Today I tried. I had to keep it toned down a little, because we were in close quarters in the assembly room. But I sang it from the heart. When the chorus started, my voice matched the pitch and sound of the worship leader’s—something she couldn’t hear but I could. The sound was clear and solid. It got me thinking. When we share what we know of Jesus with other people, we are joining voices with other believers to proclaim the love and good news of Christ. God doesn’t build lone stars. He builds teams. As believers, we are a part of a team that stretches all the way around the world, and we share the same truth and worship the same God. We can use our voices to worship our Lord and to be His spokesmen on earth. We can use our voices to reach out to the lost and to strengthen the saved.
Are you using your voice? Whoever you are, you have a voice that can make a difference. In your sphere of influence, look for ways to have a strong voice for God. The world needs to hear our song.

“You who bring good tidings, lift up your voice with strength, lift it up, be not afraid; say to the cities of Judah, ‘Behold your God!’” (Isaiah 40:9 NKJV).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement to use our voices, Katy. We each do have a God-given voice, but our enemy would like to slap duct tape on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, for visiting the blog and leaving a comment here. Fortunately, we don't have to give in to Satan's tactics. We have to remember what's at stake and keep "singing"! Or writing or teaching or whatever God has called us to! Take care, Katy

      Delete
  2. Like it and now you have a group to share it with. This should be a wonderful way to share our faith and our stories of how Jesus has touched our lives.

    ReplyDelete