Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Grateful List

Painted leaves, mountain scenes, and foggy mornings. Sunsets, double rainbows, and autumn’s first wind. Family gatherings, Christmas music, and memories of my great-grandmother. Friends who are there for you, a church that encourages you, and God who loves you. These are just some of the things that I’m grateful for.

The list goes on…the time when God told me it was going to be ok when my heart was hurting so bad. The time when I received a birthday box from my friend at just the right time. The time when my parents knew just what to say to help me. All throughout the year, and not just on Thanksgiving, we have the chance to see God work in our lives and cause our hearts to be grateful.

His work never stops. In John 5:17, Jesus said, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working” (NKJV). God is working in the hearts of people around the world, so that they know the truth and have the opportunity to believe in Him. He is working in the hearts of believers to draw them closer to Himself, heal their hurts, and give them purpose in life. Life is not free from problems, but with God, we have a solution. The ultimate thing to be grateful for, is that God loves us perfectly, and every day we get to know Him and love Him back. That is a life worth living.

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving? What would be included in your “grateful list”? I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are in the world. Even if it’s not a national holiday where you are, take a few moments to tell God how much He means to you. And keep looking for how He is working in your life.

Thanksgiving Blessings,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment