Monday, December 27, 2010

A Little Peace from Psalms

We had a white Christmas. Snow fell on Christmas day for the first time in my state since 1882! Everything was covered with a white blanket, perfect for Christmas day. Early the next morning, a few more flakes slowly descended from the sky, shining as diamonds to the ground.

I feel bad for those who had to drive on the icy roads, but for those of us who could stay in, it was a picturesque Christmas, peaceful and quiet.

As we enter a new year, I would like to share with you some of my favorite verses from Psalms. They have often quieted my heart and brought peace to my spirit. When we remember all of the different ways that God works in our lives, it quiets our anxieties and calms our fears. I hope that you look forward to all that God will do in the new year, and you have a happy 2011!
(All verses come from NKJV.)

Here are some of the ways that God blesses us:

"But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head." Psalm 3:3

"The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:9-10

"You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah" Psalm 32:7

"You have been my help." Psalm 27:9


Here are some of the ways we can bless Him:

"For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with understanding." Psalm 47:7

"Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness." Psalm 29:2

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.'" Psalm 31:14


May His presence guide you in the new year, and His peace keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment