Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Living "For Real"

Realness. I've found that people notice when we, as Christians, are "for real." When we're authentic.

The day that I accepted Christ, I asked my parents to share the gospel with me "for real." I had heard the truth again and again, and I wanted Jesus to come into my heart. I wanted a personal relationship with Him.

It wasn't until later that I understood just how real He was. My parents knew Him, and I did, too. But as I studied the Bible more, He became more real to me. I understood more about His love, the closeness of His presence, and the reality we can have in Christ. God conforms us to the image of His Son (Rom. 8:29). An image so beautiful and perfect, it will take heaven to become fully like Him in His character and love.

But for now, as we grow in our relationship with God, we can become more like Him. More real, genuine in our faith and fervent in our love. And better able to help those around us know Him more. The adventure of life with God will continue throughout eternity. There is a light to shine, a love to give, and a gospel to share. We get to be God's ambassadors "for real."

Who has been "real" in your life? How have they impacted you? From what they have told you, what would you pass on to others? I'm grateful for what's been passed down to me. If you get the chance, leave some notes here. And let's keep living "for real!"

No comments:

Post a Comment