Monday, August 2, 2010

A Little Devotional Reading

I got to go canoeing this weekend. It was a fun time with my dad. The big or little adventures we take are good fodder for writing. This one was, too.

One of the things I enjoyed was the calmness of the water. As we worked together, I saw that we could go farther as a team. And just glide on the water, until the boat gave out. Fortunately, our muscles didn't give out, and we made it back to shore. Working with my dad was the favorite part of the trip.

Our adventure reminds me of some writer friends I know. I get to read their blogs or stories, and it's a little refresher in the middle of my own writing. So thanks for the reading, and a little devotional time each day.

If you've got an adventure moment, don't hesitate to write it down. It could be some good fodder for a devotion later. You never know...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I write destination articles for a couple of magazines and enjoyed your site. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I'm like you, i get inspiration and encouragement through the blogs of other writers. Even though we think of writing as a solitary pursuit, it's a business where we need others to come alongside us. I'm thankful I'm not on this adventure alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, we need to hook up. I love travels, and I hope to read some of your articles. Thanks for posting here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Edie, thanks for your comment because I think writing can feel solitary at times. But we're writing with the same goals in mind, to touch people. And share those adventures! So it's nice to run together headed toward the same finish line. God bless your adventures.

    ReplyDelete