Friday, July 9, 2010

The Layers of Life

Flowers and knick-knacks, glitter and paint. Just some of things I added to my latest scrapbook page. I love scrapbooking, and I love finding all the best goodies to go on a page. Sometimes a little too many goodies.

This latest project I'll enter into a regional scrapbook show, that I'll go to with my mom and friends. We're excited about the show. It's just once a year, always in July. (Christmas in July!)

As I finished the page, I noticed how many layers it had. First the background paper with "Victorian" flowers, then the stickles on top, then the photos outlined in paint, then the paper flowers with metal accents (yes, they had to have glitter, too). Don't forget the peacock feather and the stamped message about love.

So many layers. Just like life, just like Godly character. Our different experiences and memories add layers to our lives. In each layer, God builds strength and grace and love into who we are, and the layers reveal a beautiful project. God's own handiwork. A beautiful character in the making. I never knew scrapbooking could so fun.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment