Monday, July 19, 2010

Katy's Running-isms

I'm doing some research for my first book...a little jogging, a little running. I didn't think I could run anymore today until I caught sight of my neighbor's dog. A boxer, she was outside their garage, apparently not on a leash. After I overcame my momentary paralysis, I got my wits about me and started back up the hill. Faster than planned.

Here are 6 things I've learned from jogging over the past two weeks. And I can use all the help I can get. So if you've got a running tip, please leave one behind. My goal is to run a mile. I've got a long way to go...

6 Running-isms:

1. You can easily sprint uphill when dogs are involved.
2. Umbrellas aren't useful for only rain.
3. Little birds do sing to you.
4. You can run for just one more minute.
5. A cool breeze never comes too soon.
6. God likes the morning time.

So if you've walked or jogged for exercise, leave a little tip or something you've learned. And God bless you in the race of life.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that you can always run more than you think. One time, I was on the last 1/2 mile of a three mile run. As I ran up a hill that was taking every last bit of strength, I tripped. But it wasn't a stumble, I was falling on my face. That is, I would have if not for my self-preservation. My hands came in front, my back became ridged; I was in the push-up position in a blink of an eye. After getting up, I couldn't believe how much strength and agility I actually had left in reserve when my mind was telling me that I was finished. So congrats in finding the reserve tank when you needed it for the lost dog.

    p.s. My spirits always get lifted when I meet a dog on the trail ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing you were able to catch yourself like that, Chris, and keep going. I've found that many things can motivate us to keep moving forward in life, like God, family and friends, and the mission God has given us. And on the trail, dogs do help.

      Delete