Friday, June 4, 2010

A Walk in the Neighborhood

I think my neighborhood is enchanted. Whenever I walk in it, I find new things to appreciate, new discoveries to enjoy. Yesterday it was the blue and purple hydrangeas scattered across the subdivision. It was the purple finch who stopped to sing to me, and the children's laughter as they played. Simple summer pleasures.

I hope you enjoy the simple pleasures of summer, amidst the vacations and picnics, and of course, every day necessities. But even when we've got chores to do, deadlines to meet, and a busy schedule to keep, every moment can sparkle. God is with us, opening our eyes to His world. To appreciate the beauty that's there, to see the unseen.

What simple pleasures make your summer sparkle? What things delight your heart the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment